Interested young people from Germany can complete their voluntary social year (FSJ) at the foundation in Sri Lanka ... read more
A house for Sacindu's family
He lived with his family in a mud hut without windows, toilet and running water.
For the equivalent of about 3,500 Euros, a small house was built for his family (with windows, doors and running water).
Since then, we have been taking care of Sacindu from Monday to Friday so that his mother can work.
Life worth living for Himmeke
- After an electricity accident as a toddler, Himmeke, now 11 years old, is severely disabled and can only lie down.
- On his mattress on the floor, he was often tormented by ant bites.
- The foundation had an accessible bed built for him..
Pre-School for poor families
-Founded in January 2017
- Integrative kindergarten, care for disabled children.
- The kindergarten costs about 35 euros per child per month, including a warm meal (normal price: about 70 euros per child, without food).
- The number of children is growing steadily: at the beginning 20, now over 30 children. Many new registrations and enquiries reach us - there may not be enough space.
A 3-month-old infant is brought to us: extremities tinged blue due to massive circulatory problems caused by a hole in the heart.
The expected lifespan of the infant is estimated to be about 3 months.
The waiting time for the state-funded, free surgery is about 1 year - thus there is no chance of survival for the child.
An operation in a private clinic can be performed immediately, but costs: about 5,000 Euros.
The family itself could only raise 3,500 Euros through loans.
We were able to support the family with a donation of 1,500 Euros - the child's life could be saved.
6 months later, the father unexpectedly brings back 1,000 euros.